E-commerce is growing at an incredible rate, and this trend has opened up almost unlimited possibilities for savvy marketers to take advantage of in the way of online market development. A number of custom research studies have indicated a growing use by consumers of online sources. One of the ways to utilize this trend by small businesses is by blogging. There are relevant sources of information available online for almost every segment of the market, and blogging is a good way for small business owners to reach those consumers who are looking for their type of products or services.
In today’s ever-evolving high-tech world, it’s clear that online product research and purchasing trends are going to continue, and in order to stay competitive, business owners need to adapt their business strategies to keep in line with user trends. And here’s where blogs with good, quality copy, well written and pertinent to your user’s searches, comes in. Here are some things you should know about blogging and its advantages for small business owners.
- Attract and Retain Customers: Business blogs give you the opportunity to reach your most likely clients. Unveil current promotions by directing readers to your website, be a source of interesting information related to your industry, and augment your online presence with your blog. Search engine links may direct a user to your blog, and from there you have the opportunity to educate and inform your readers. If your users like what they read, it may be a simple matter of another link which results in a purchase. If your customers have a positive opinion of you as a result of this process, you have customers who will probably be back (and will tell their online friends about you).
- Provide a Pathway to Your Official Website: By incorporating links to your home page or other pages on your regular website in your blog posts, you have the opportunity to get traffic for your regular website that you might not otherwise have gotten. And by providing industry news and interesting content, you have the potential to build a long-term relationship with your users. Is there a new product in your industry or that you’re carrying? A blog post is a great way to make that known. Then direct readers to your site with a link in the post.
- Give People Something Good to Talk About (You): Word of mouth is even more influential in online commerce than in person. With so many outlets (social media, online reviews, personal blogs), regular online visitors have plenty of opportunities to talk about you. Your blog posts can give them something positive to say, which will enhance your online presence.
- Enhance Customer Satisfaction By Continued Interaction: Blogs are a great tool to continue to interact with the customers you already have. If they have questions or comments, they can connect easily with you through your blog.
- Use Your Blog as a Tool for Business Growth: Traditional media advertising turns stale quickly. Consumers tire of hearing the same old thing over and over. While your blog posts will remain in place, if you are continually adding new information, your users will have a reason to keep coming back. And with a good long-range plan in place, if your blog is an attractive source of good information related to your business, you have a variety of opportunities for growth.
If you’re interested in developing a blog for your small business, or overhauling the one you already have, talk to the online marketing professionals at Essential Services, Inc.. We provide a variety of search engine optimization services for small business owners and others.